The Litter-Robot III (aka the Open Air version) is a self-cleaning cat litter box designed to make caring for your cat simpler and easier.
The Litter-Robot uses regular clumping cat litter, and doesn’t need any special accessories. It looks really cool, clean, and modern. (While we love its modern, sleek look, we can’t help but think that if R2D2 of “Star Wars” movie fame and an old, plastic litter pan had a love child, this is what it would look like.) For more information about the Litter Robot please scroll down the page underneath the items for sale.
With Amazon, You Can Buy Now Or Decide Later
If you put an item into your Amazon shopping cart, Amazon (in most cases) will keep track of that item for 90 days with no obligation for you to buy. Use this button to add the Litter Robot III to your Amazon shopping cart:
We haven’t seen too many Litter-Robot IIIs on eBay. You can occassionally find one, though, and the link below will show them to you.
When shopping for Litter-Robots on eBay, keep in mind their are several versions, so be sure to know which version you’re looking at. They can also be new or used.
The Basics Of The Litter-Robot III
The basics of how the Litter-Robot III works are simple: After your special cat finishes using their visit, there’s an automatic delay to allow the litter to clump. After the delay, the self-cleaning mode kicks in. When self-cleaning begins the top of the Litter-Robot III automatically rotates, sifting clumped litter and hard waste out of the litter box and into a carbon-filtered drawer below. The top of the Little Robot III then returns to its normal position and is ready to use again.
A Short Litter Robot III Video
This quick (0:31) video gives an animated overview of the Litter-Robot and how it works. We have a longer, more detailed video lower on this page.
A Few More Details About The Litter Robot III
- The Litter Robot III does require electricity.
- It does NOT require special litter; any clumping cat litter is fine.
- The enlarged entryway and litter chamber, along with the self-adjusting cat sensor, accommodate cats weighing 5 lbs. or more.
- Once your cat exits, a timer counts down, allowing waste to clump before a cleaning cycle begins automatically.
- As the globe slowly rotates, the patented sifting system separates the clean litter from the clumps and drops the waste into a carbon-filtered drawer.
- The globe returns to the home position, leaving a clean, level bed of litter for the next use.
- Reduces odor.
- Large entryway.
- Automatic night light
- Durable Construction – Appliance Quality – Infrequent Maintenance
- Uses clumping litter and kitchen garbage bags.
NO SPECIAL ACCESSORIES REQUIRED. It will need to be plugged into a wall outlet, but that’s it. No special litter, liners, bags, solutions, or anything else. All you need is clumping litter. They do sell special Litter Robot liners for the waste tray if you want to use them, but you can also use ordinary kitchen garbage bags.
- Drawer Full Indicator: A flashing blue light lets you know when the waste drawer is full, so there’s no more guessing.
- Control Panel Lockout: Prevent kids and cats from unnecessarily pressing buttons, which could change your settings or cycle the unit.
- Adjustable Cycle Timer: Choose a 3-, 7-, or 15-minute delay from the time your cat uses the Litter-Robot until it performs a cleaning cycle.
- 8-Hour Sleep Mode: When activated, for a period of 8 hours, your unit will only cycle when the button is pressed manually to prevent disturbances.
- Automatic Night Light: Illuminates the litter chamber in low light conditions for elderly cats.
- Backup Battery (Sold Separately): The Backup Battery provides up to 48 hours of operation if power is interrupted. Estimated operation time is based on 10 cleaning cycles per day, which is typical for two cats, but results will vary.
- Backed by a 90-day money back guarantee and 18-month full warranty.
Another Litter Robot III Video
This next video is slightly longer (2:21) that the one above, but gives a good look at the Litter Robot and a nice overview of it in action.
More About The Litter-Robot III Automatic Cleaning Cat Litter Box
The Litter-Robot III, just as the name implies, is the third version of a cat litter box named the Litter-Robot. The first two versions of the Litter-Robot were: 1) The Litter-Robot, sometimes called the Litter-Robot Classic version; and 2) The Litter-Robot Bubble version, which was essentially the same as the Classic but with a bubble shaped window on the back to provide more space from front to back.
The Litter-Robot III, aka the “Open Air” version, is yet another step forward for the Litter-Robot family of cat litter boxes. Here is a quick list of some its features, as well as some general information:
- It’s called the Open Air because the large, elliptically-shaped, upward-facing entrance opens into a spacious litter chamber. This gives the Litter-Robot III an open air look and feel that not only looks attractive, it makes it easy for both small and large cats to use it.
- The Litter-Robot III’s entryway, litter chamber, and weight sensor can accommodate cats weighing 5 pounds or more.
- The Litter-Robot III can use any self-clumping cat litter.
- The holding drawer of the Litter-Robot III can use ordinary kitchen garbage bags, so there’s no need to buy special (expensive) bags.
- It has an adjustable timer so you can choose between several different time settings, in minutes, to wait after your cat leaves the Litter-Robot III until it performs a cleaning cycle. This allows you to adjust the delay according to the brand of clumping litter you choose.
- No guessing! The Litter-Robot III has a flashing light to let you know when the waste drawer is full.
- The electronic control panel has a lockout feature to prevent cats or kids from pushing buttons and changing your settings.
- An automatic nightlight helps cats see in the litter chamber at night, which the manufacturer says is particularly helpful for older cats.
- It has an 8-hour sleep mode: When the sleep-mode is activated the Litter-Robot III will only cycle when a button is manually pressed manually to prevent disturbances.
- Odors are contained in the holding drawer and managed by a large carbon filter.
- Compared to earlier versions it has a larger globe (or top portion, also called the litter chamber) with a larger, differently shaped opening than earlier versions.
- It comes out of the box fully assembled, although putting the top part (the globe) on the bottom part (the holding drawer) will be necessary.
- The Litter-Robot is made by Automated Pet Care Products.
You might also like: